You can possibly ask either of my boys, their all time favourite meal to eat is breakfast, they'll demolish pancakes left right and center all day long!
For the ease of it, I used to buy them in from the shop pre-done to save time on the hectic midweek school run rush in a morning.
This morning I thought about making a fresh batch up as we didn't have any in.
Mainly posting this here as the recipe worked out great and mainly just for me to remember for next time... I think I'll be batch making this on the weekends to save time and money!
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60g vegetable oil
- 300g buttermilk
- 160g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Weigh out your dry ingredients in to a seperate bowl / place.
- Crack your eggs in to your mixing vessel of choice and wisk lightly.
- Gently combine your buttermilk with your eggs.
- Add in your vanilla essence.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients and combine.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Ladle the pancake batter in to a non-stick pan that has been greased with butter.
- Cook on a medium heat until small bubbles have formed on top of the mix, or for around 5-6 minutes.
- Flip once and cook for another 2-3 minutes.